 |
Symmetrical
ISO 800 F/5.6 1/20 |
This is a garden of bushes in my neighborhood. When i babysit i like to read the kids books here and they all end up laying in the bushes. This shows depth of field and foreground, middle ground, and background. The sky in the back is the last thing you see, yet the best thing.
 |
Repetition
ISO 800 F/5.6 1/20 |
I really like this photo because the sky looks very gothic. Everything is perfectly formed around the trees and makes it seem huge. Lines are shown in this photo because the trees are going all different ways yet they are still leading to the sky. They make your eyes go to the top of the photo.
 |
framing
ISO 800 F/5.6 1/20
The trees in this photo just about frame the sunset. The sun is setting over the row of bushes. The sky in this photo looks like it is smoking. The sunset is making the sky lighter right before it goes dark.
|
 |
Lines
ISO 800 F/5.6 1/20
The chains are in focus and have a small amount of color on them. This is a basketball court that my dad and brother played at. My brother is in korea now and my father has a knee problem so it now isn't used. I still go there sometimes to remember watching them play together.
|
 |
pattern
ISO 800 F/5.6 1/20 |
These are the bikes on my porch. I can always tell who is home before i get in the house by looking down at them.
 |
Asymmetrical balance
ISO 800 F/5.6 1/20 |
On the way to the park this photo was taken. I take the kids i babysit to the park this way because they love to walk up this hill.
 |
point of view
ISO 800 F/5.6 1/20 |
I tried to show the neighborhood through the children's point of view. I got down to their level and took this picture. The whole world looks bigger and more intimidating.
Which picture goes with...
ReplyDeleteSymmetrical balance- Up-close bush (first picture)
Repetition / pattern- Fence (fourth picture)
Different point of view / perspective- Bike (fifth picture)
Asymmetrical balance- Tree in front of house (sixth picture)
Framing- Trees framing bushes (third picture)
Lines (leading, diagonal, horizontal, vertical)- Trees in the woods (second picture)
Which photo has the best composition? Why?
I think the symmetrical balance photo has the best composition, because it has an excellent use of rule of thirds. The golden mean is used as well, which can be hard to do.
Which photo would you hang on your wall? Why?
I would hang the last photo (of the bushes) on my wall, because I love all of the detail and the coloring. It was edited very nicely.
Which photo could use a little work? What needs done? (composition/lighting/cropping/camera angle/camera technique)
The photo that could use a little work is the framing one. I think it is great how it is, but I would crop it so that the trees on both sides were even. I think it would make for a better composition.
When looking at the entire set of images what do they say about the photographer? Can you determine anything about the person by looking at their photos? Do they tell a story or are they just a collection of images?
When looking at the photos, I can tell that Alexus likes to be outdoors and enjoys photographing nature. The images don’t exactly tell a story, but they all go with the theme of being outdoors.